My temporary password is not accepted
I am trying to reset my password. I have a temporary password but Evergreen Life will not accept it.
As part of the password reset process you'll be sent a 4-digit temporary password. This article explains how to use the code and what to do if the password is rejected.
Security codes are used to reset the password on an Evergreen Life account. If you've received a security code via email, but still cannot log in to your Evergreen Life account, please consider the following:
- As soon as you request a temporary password, the original password on your account is invalidated. This means that only a valid temporary password can be used to reset and gain access to the account
- Each temporary password is only valid for 24 hours from the time it was requested
- If multiple temporary passwords have been requested, only the most recent temporary password will be valid
- Make sure to manually type the temporary password into the password box – copy and paste can be unreliable.
- Temporary passwords are platform specific. Passwords that are requested via the app can only be used to reset a password on the app. Passwords that are requested via the website can only be used to reset a password on the website.
If an account is locked, the temporary password will be rejected with an ‘Account is locked’ message in the login box. The temporary password is still valid and can be used once the account lock has lifted (providing the password does not expire first).